Ready to get started with this activity? To keep track of your progress, check off the instructions for each step below as they are completed. Make sure to check the box of the last step when you’re done to receive congratulations for your completed activity!
This activity is just for fun. No lesson — only bold, bright, beautiful colors that represent the earth and its beauty. Of course, you can change the colors to match any holiday … but what a great way to start thinking about your Earth Day plans while playing with slime!
- (2) cups of hot water
- (1) teaspoon borax
- ½ cup room temperature water
- (2) bottles of clear glue (5 oz each) – Elmer’s works best
- Blue glitter
- Green glitter
- (2) plastic containers for mixing
- (1) container to store the slime
- Pour 1 cup hot water into a container.
- Add ½ teaspoon borax.
- Mix well.
- In a second container, pour ¼ cup room temperature water.
- Squeeze a 5 oz. bottle of clear glue into the room temperature water.
- Add in the blue glitter.
- Pour the glue mixture into the hot water and borax mix.
- Let all sit for 20 – 30 seconds.
- Use this time to rinse out the now-empty bowl.
- The slime will start to form quickly in the hot water. Pull it out and place it in the clean empty bowl.
- The slime will be very sticky at this point, which is okay.
- Knead the slime for a few minutes to help it thicken and set.
- Repeat the process all over again but instead use green glitter.
- Once the green is made have fun swirling the colors together.
- Store in an airtight container.