4th Grade Field Trip
We would like to invite fourth grade teachers and students, virtually or in person, to Clark Public Utilities for an exciting educational opportunity that is sure to spark some interest in our electricity and water resources. This free field trip is a great way to reinforce classroom learning about electricity, electrical safety, the water cycle, and more!
The teacher guides can be found at the bottom of this page.
The visit features:
- A video presentation that introduces important concepts about electricity and our natural resources.
- A walking tour of several parts of the Operations Center including the warehouse, recycling center and truck bays.
- An in-depth presentation and demonstrations that explore the basics of electricity, power generation, distribution, renewable energy and conservation.
- A demonstration and hands-on activities about water cycle, water quality and environmental stewardship presented by Clark Public Utilities StreamTeam.
- A dramatic electrical safety demonstration with Hazard Hamlet.
The scheduling tool opens the last Monday of August and closes when all availability is filled. Presentations are available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays starting at 9:00 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 9:45 a.m. or 10:00 a.m., and end two hours later. The program runs October through June at our Operations Center 8600 NE 117th Avenue, Vancouver. We can accommodate up to 60 students, per day. Please go HERE to access the calendar.
If you have scheduled an in-person field trip, or prefer to do the tour virtually, the downloadable documents provided will help prepare your students. The PowerZone website coordinates well with the presentations we have prepared. Reviewing this information before the field trip will help your students make the most of this learning experience.
If you have questions about PowerZone, the downloadable documents, your upcoming visit to Clark Public Utilities, or need to review your tour accommodations please call Amber Hall, the Education Engagement Specialist, at 360-992-3550 or send an e-mail to [email protected].